Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Introduction

This is a blog in which I call out two YouTubers for attacking a part of my childhood with bullshit, confusedmatthew and supergodzilla12.  Both confusedmatthew and supergodzilla12 hate The Lion King for the WRONG reasons, because the film does not meet their sick nitpicky standards and they dogmatically think that the characters of Simba, Timon, and Pumbaa are evil.  These two are very biased against The Lion King and will disrespectfully attack anyone who likes that film.

I have no problem if some people including confusedmatthew and supergodzilla12 don't like The Lion King, that is not why I am posting this blog.  I am posting this blog because of the logical fallacies and illogacies in their arguments and the nonsense that they base their views on.  I have noticed that many hyena lovers don't like The Lion King because they feel that it gives hyenas a bad name and that is a valid argument against The Lion King.  I do grudgingly admit that The Lion King is not a perfect film.  Plus people have different opinions with no tow opinions being exactly alike.  If one were just uncomfortable with The Lion King or anything along those lines, that is just a matter of taste and I will respect that.  The reason that I do not respect cconfusedmatthew and supergodzilla12's opinion on The Lion King is because unfortunately, it is based on a gross misunderstanding and bullshit.  Opinions do not excuse bullshit!

"There is a DIFFERENCE between having an opinion and being wrong on something."
- SavageBroadcast

There have been several people who did commentaries on confusedmatthew's devastating review of The Lion King including a YouTuber who I just quoted, SavageBroadcast.  SavageBroadcast commentated on confusedmatthew's Lion King, Lion King 2, and Incredibles reviews.  He also made two commentator episodes on confusedmatthew in general as well as a little Snapple-derived video ridiculing confusedmatthew.  SavageBroadcast will not be making anymore videos on confusedmatthew, he made that clear when he did his commentary on confusedmatthew's laughable review of The Incredibles.  I concur since it is not a good idea to keep milking the same cow all of the time as the saying goes.

I compare supergodzilla12 and confusedmatthew to the one bad apple Star Trek fan that I know best, an anonymous blogger going by the pseudonym of "William Shatner's #1 Fan" who posted the I Hate Star Wars Club blog here on Blogger in the year 2006.  The following is a list of the types of arguments that I am sick and tired of hearing and will not dignify even if you reword them.

ARGUMENTS THAT I AM SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING:
  1. "It's called an opinion"
  2. "You are just a Lion King fanboy"
  3. "You are just butthurt"
  4. "In your opinion"
  5. "What you say is not as factual as you claim it is"
  6. dancing around my argument[red herring] (i.e. using another quote from confusedmatthew's dumb Lion King review besides the ones that I quote for proving my point.)
  7. moving the goalposts (i.e. "There is alos character development in Harry Potter, and Simba is still an evil character who is like villains in other stories.")
  8. ad hominem (i.e. verbally attacking me without addressing even a single point that I make.)
  9. lying (i.e. saying "Simba does not learn anything.")
  10. straw man (i.e. "You do not accept that other people have an alternate opinion form you.")
  11. "confusedmatthew and supergodzilla12 are only voicing their opinion"
  12. "It was just a joke"
I may sound harsh, but I have heard all of the arguments in favor of confusedmatthew's Lion King review that supergodzilla12 thoroughly agrees with and am tired of hearing the same old logical fallacies over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment